Friday, April 14, 2006

Margaritaville

At far too early of an hour this coming Tuesday morning, I'm getting on a plane.

To Cabo.

I've only been once before. For a work thing. And to be perfectly honest, I don't recall much about the trip.

This time around, I'll be enjoying the sun and the surf and attempting to moderate my alcohol intake in the company of eight to ten 30-something women. Some of whom I don't even know. Many of whom are in varying degrees of committed relationships yet I suspect intend to pretend for six intoxicated days as if that weren't the case. And at least one or two of whom (like yours truly as of five days ago) aren't engaged in anything at all.

This time around, I'm going to remember.

I can for damn sure tell you what I'm going to Cabo *not* to do:

I am most certainly not going to Cabo to be disrobed and put to bed by coworkers after about six too many blended margaritas served from a large canister apparatus strapped to the sweaty and shirtless back of a tall, dark-haired and just barely legal and very tan man of undetermined ethnic origin.

I am also not going to Cabo to ultimately have photographs circulated four days later of me and that very same man of undetermined ethnic origin (rated PG-13, thank god).

And lastly, and without a doubt, I'm most definitely not going to Cabo with the goal of renewing my acquaintance with any potted plants in any hotel lobbies for lack of any other more appropriate vessel into which to deposit the remnants of the previous evening's meal and, more specifically, fruity and frosty libations that I may or may not have consumed far too many of the night before.

On the other hand...

This past week sans M3 has sucked balls. But any of you who really need to know how The Break is affecting me have already heard your fair share. And I plan on keeping it that way. Not only is it too difficult to write about, my blog is far too public of a forum in which to do so...in which to articulate the profound sense of loss I've felt since M3 and I said what quite possibly could have been our last-ever goodbye on Monday morning.

So maybe... just maybe...

I'm really going to Cabo...

To forget.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

How was Cabo? Did you forget?

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home